23 Days Until Showtime!
Happy Happy Friday TDD Dance Fam!
Only 23 three days left until Recital! We can’t wait to see everyone shine on stage!
Get your additional tickets here! Tickets are $10.00 pre-sale and $15.00 at the door!
Here at all important Recital Documents – you can find them in your inbox as well : )
Make sure to save your spot for summer sessions/camps!
See our summer & camp schedule
Costume Care and Sizing
- Try on your costume ASAP after receiving it in class.* If sizing is wrong beyond simple adjustments that you can make at home, please contact the studio directors immediately.
- After trying on your costume and making any simple adjustments with director approval, do not wear or play with it again until AFTER Dress Rehearsal and Recital – after that it is yours to treasure, save, wear as a halloween costume or dress up in whenever and however you see fit : )
- Store your costume in a safe place out of reach of little hands and paws. Tutus should be hung upside down. Smaller headpieces may be kept in a small zip lock bag and clipped to the hanger. We CANNOT replace your costume OR headpiece.
- We recommend storing your costume in your bathroom for a week before recital – not in a place where it will get wet but, the steam will help get rid of any wrinkles. You may steam your costume but DO NOT IRON to get wrinkles out!
- DO NOT wash your costume in any appliance or dry clean. If for any reason you need to spot clean, do so by hand. Spot treat only if necessary and do not use any type of stain remover.
- Pro – Tip for Recital and Dress Rehearsal – pretend you’re a movie star and do your hair and make-up prior to putting your costume on, so as to avoid accidentally getting make-up on your costume. Always put your lipstick on last.
*Post a photo of your dancer in their costume and tag The Dance Department to be entered to win a Starbucks gift card! Use the tag #dontstopbelievingtdd
What is Recital? – Recital is our Grand Finale to our dance year. It is a time for all dancers to shine on stage and perform for their families and friends. Recital is our biggest production of the year, all of our classes have a choreographed dance they learn and perform.
Stage Fright – Stage Fright is a completely normal emotion and feeling that can even affect the most skilled and practiced performers. The best way to combat stage fright is positive reinforcement and encouragement, and for dancers to feel prepared. We address all of this in class but of course talking about it at home is a great choice too. We recommend encouraging your dancer to practice at home so they feel more confident. Within the next couple of weeks, directors will be sharing links to practice videos and music so they can practice.
The next best way is to be on stage and see the space. This will happen at dress rehearsal where dancers will experience performing with less pressure and spotlight. Your dancer should know that no matter what, their teacher and their families (you!) are proud of them. They are putting in so much hard work behind the scenes both in and out of the classroom. We see their dedication and love/appreciate each of our dance children.
Where are dancers during recital when they aren’t performing?– Dancers will be held backstage and supervised by background checked and CPR certified staff. Dancers can not come out and sit with their parents during the show. Dancers will be required to arrive at 12:30pm on Recital day and stay throughout the entire performance.
What should my dancer bring? – Your dancer should arrive ready to go – in their costume, with their shoes, hair and make-up done, and they can bring a small snack that is easy to eat and will not make a mess. Dancers can bring water but please no pop, juice, or drinks that can easily spill or stain. If your dancer is in multiple dances they can use a laundry basket, a storage tote, or a suitcase to help organize their costumes and belongings. Every item your dancer brings should be labeled with their name or initials.
Buying Additional Tickets – Each Recital Package included a certain number of tickets. We will be sending you your included tickets as we get closer to our performance date. Additional tickets can be purchase via this link. Additional tickets are $10.00 pre-sale and will be $15.00 at the door. Seating is general admission.
Costumes will be handed out as they come in, we ask that you try on your costume once you get it alert us ASAP if the sizing is wrong beyond simple adjustments. Store your costume in a safe place where littles hands and family pets can’t get to it ; ). We ask that dancers only wear their costume to dress rehearsal and to recital after trying it on and then once recital it is over it is theirs to wear, treasure, and use as you see fit.
Tuition is due at the beginning of the month. It is posted on the first. If you are more than 7 days late the system will automatically post late fees! We highly recommend enrolling in autopay which is processed on the 1st to avoid late fees. Please reach out with questions or concerns.
- 5/22-5/26 Last Week of Dance Classes
- 5/27 – Dress Rehearsal
- 5/29 – First Annual Recital
Ms. Nicole & Ms. Miranda